WHAT IS MENTOR 2.0?
Mentor 2.0 is a partnership between BBBS and Oshkosh North High School that combines technology with the life-changing impact of a mentor to empower students for college, community, and career success.
Mentor2.0 uses the power of mentoring as a strategy to support students to and through high school graduation as they plan for lifelong success. Our goal is that every student we serve has a plan for what happens after graduation.
Through the Mentor 2.0 program, students who might otherwise struggle with post-secondary success will be matched with a Big who is solely dedicated to supporting his or her success. Each match works together throughout the high school experience.
HOW IT WORKS
- Mentors will be matched with a high school student, typically a freshmen, and work with them through a curriculum that builds skills for college and career success.
- Matches interact through a combination of weekly online communication and monthly in-person mentoring events.
- Professional guidance is provided by Big Brothers Big Sisters staff.
WHAT ARE THE VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS?
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Live or work in our service area (Outagamie, Calumet, Winnebago, and/or Waupaca counties)
WHAT ARE THE VOLUNTEER EXPECTATIONS?
- Participate in weekly online communication with your mentee via a web platform
- Attend one in-person 2 hour event per month at Oshkosh North High School
- Walk alongside your mentee from freshmen through at least junior year