- Put a child’s safety and well-being first.
- Are consistent and dependable.
- Emphasize friendship instead of changing the child’s behavior.
- Initiate phone contact and activity planning with their Little.
- Decide activities together with their Little.
- Are not authoritarian.
- Have realistic expectations.
- Are patient.
- Focus on having fun.
- Set boundaries and limits with Littles and parents/guardians.
- Know that the positive impact on the child starts to show after the relationship is already built.
- Contact their Match Support Specialist monthly.
Bigs ARE NOT…
- Parent substitutes.
- Financial support.
- “Taxi” services.